HSBC Documentary credits: We take on your risk to offer you peace of mind
Give yourself and your suppliers comfort and security with Documentary Credits (DCs) issued by HSBC, helping to mitigate the inherent risks of international trade. HSBC substitutes its own credit for that of the importer to pay for goods and services within a prescribed time limit and against compliant documents.
With HSBC DCs in place, payments will only be made upon presentation of the required documents, giving comfort to both buyer and supplier
Key benefits of DCs issued by HSBC:
- Financial strength
- Global network
- Expert assistance
- Vendor support
- Special DC options
HSBC Documentary Collections: Take the hassle out of the paperwork
HSBC Documentary Collections are an additional option on Documentary Credits. Your supplier presents the necessary documents, with instructions, to their bank, which forwards the documents to HSBC for payment. Your supplier is paid once the payment is debited from your account, with no hidden interest or payment delays.
Types of Documentary Collection services:
- Documents against payment (D/P) - import documents are released to you on payment
- Documents against acceptance (D/A) - import documents are released to you against your promise to pay
Benefits to your business:
- No credit facilities are required if no bank finance is needed upon payment
HSBC Shipping Guarantees: Don't let the paperwork slow down your business
In the event that your goods arrive before the shipping documents have been processed through the banking system, HSBC can issue a shipping guarantee. This allows you to take possession of the goods without the transport documents. So you avoid unnecessary delays and missed business opportunities.
- HSBC Shipping Guarantees that are accepted in the shipping industry around the world
- Avoid storage fees or demurrage charges - take control of your goods when they arrive
- Payment is deferred until your supplier's documents are presented
- Guarantees are available for issue at your request
Don't let risk affect your ability to trade