|Contents, personal belongings and optional Coverage for important documents and domestic help||From just OMR 39 a year|
|Buildings Coverage||0.065% of the rebuild value|
Here's what you get:
- Coverage for loss of or damage to the contents due to fire, explosion, lightning, smoke, earthquake, storm, flood, theft and more including accidental damage
- Coverage for loss of or damage to personal belongings while within the geographical limit and while temporarily elsewhere in the world for 90 days in any period of insurance, including accidental damage
- Protection during household removals for loss of or damage to contents while in transit from one home to another including loading and unloading
- Coverages your home when you are away from your home for 45 days
- No proof of purchase is required in the event of a claim for single items, less than OMR 500
- Coverage for loss of or damage to the building due to fire, explosion, lightning, smoke, earthquake, storm, flood, theft etc
- Coverage for accidental damage to cables, underground pipes, septic tanks and drain inspection for which you are held legally responsible. Coverage limit 10 percent of the building sum insured
- Coverage for accidental breakage of fixed glass, glass in solar panel units, fixed bath showers, tray showers, screen bidets, wash basin, lavatory pans, cisterns etc
- Coverage for any legal liability to the third party/ public as owner of the building for damages and claimants costs and expense in respect of accidental bodily injury and accidental loss of or damage to the material property. Liability limit for damages and claimants costs and expenses resulting from one original cause shall not exceed OMR 200,000
- If your home is damaged by an insured peril and its condition is such that you cannot continue to live there, you will be paid any reasonable expenses for loss of rent of or cost of alternative accommodation. Coverage limit 20 percent of the building sum insured
Find out which home insurance plan will suit you best
|Your options||Contents (sum insured)||Personal belongings (sum insured)||How much you pay annually|
|Plan A||OMR 7,500||OMR 2,000||OMR 39|
|Plan B||OMR 12,000||OMR 3,000||OMR 60|
|Plan C||OMR 20,000||OMR 5,000||OMR 109|
|Plan D||OMR 42,500||OMR 7,500||OMR 163|
When choosing the plan/coverage you may need to consider the under-insurance clause.
If on the happening of claim the property at risk is of greater value than the Sum Insured, the amount payable will be reduced in proportion.
Here's what you get, for a little extra:
- Coverage for loss of or damage to important documents like your passport, driving license, resident card up to OMR 100 per document subject to a maximum of OMR 300 for all documents during the period of insurance for an additional premium of OMR 10
- Coverage for domestic help for an additional premium of OMR 15 with the following benefits:
- Death or Permanent Total Disablement coverage of up to OMR 3,000
- Medical expenses coverage of OMR 1,000
- Repatriation expenses coverage of OMR 500
You can get Home Insurance if:
- You're an Oman resident residing in the Muscat or Sohar area
- You own or rent your home
Home Comfort Insurance Exceptions
- Loss or damage to goods while the home is unoccupied for more than 45 days
- Damage arising from wear and tear
- Loss or damage due to deliberate/wilful action
- War and terrorism
- Theft without any forcible entry/exit
Exclusions listed here have been kept to a minimum. Details of full exclusions will be available on the policy Terms and Conditions.
What does the Home Comfort Insurance cover?
It covers protection of household contents and personal belongings against accidental damage, fire, theft, unexpected events and natural calamities. Your contents are also covered when you are on holiday for up to 45 consecutive days. Personal belongings are covered worldwide for up to 90 consecutive days during the policy period. Contents and personal belongings are covered while moving if professional removal contractors are used.
What is meant by 'Contents'?
Household goods and personal effects belonging to you, including furniture and fittings which do not belong to the landlord.
What is meant by 'Accidental Damage'?
Damage to contents and personal belongings which happens accidentally without any deliberate action, e.g. a flower vase slipped out of your hand.
What is meant by 'Personal Belongings'?
Articles for personal use, normally worn, used or carried about the person, e.g. watch, jewellery, mobile phone or laptop.
Do I need to give you a list of all my personal belongings?
No, you don't have to list the personal belongings. In the event of a claim, a proof of purchase receipt is only required for individual items over OMR500.
What is the difference between Contents and Personal Belongings?
Contents are only items within the house, while personal belongings are items that can be carried outside the house.
Are my items covered if I move house?
Yes, loss or damage to contents while in transit from one home to another within Oman is covered, as long as you use professional removal contractors.
I am a tenant, are my belongings covered?
Yes, your contents and personal belongings are covered.
I am a tenant. If I damage the landlord's property, will it be covered?
Under the Home Comfort Insurance this is not covered.
Would my maid and her belongings be covered?
If the maid is on your sponsorship you can cover her. This is optional coverage. She will be covered for:
- Death or Permanent Total Disablement
- Medical expenses
- Repatriation expenses
Her belongings would not be covered.
Which plan should I choose?
Which plan you need depends on the value of your contents and personal belongings and the level of coverage that you feel is appropriate.
Can I get more coverage than you are offering?
If you want additional coverage or increased limits, you can contact HSBC to arrange coverage according to your unique requirements.
Can I also get building insurance?
Please contact HSBC and a separate policy may be designed to suit your requirements.
Can I start my insurance today?
Yes, the insurance can start with immediate effect after the premium payment.
How do I pay?
Visit your nearest HSBC branch or Customer Service Unit (except Salalah).
How do I claim?
For any clarification or assistance in case of claims, please contact:
AXA Muscat Office:
Fax - 24400159
Timing: 8 am to 5 pm (Sunday to Thursday)
AXA Sohar Office:
Fax - 26846423
When will I receive my policy documents?
The insurance provider AXA will arrange to send the original policy schedule to you, along with the terms & conditions booklet within 7 working days.
Is there anything else I should know?
All the information you require is given in the brochure. If you require further details we can provide you with a copy of the policy Terms and Conditions.
Get ultimate security with an HSBC Home Insurance Policy