|Protection type||Payments||Fixed sum||'Free look' period|
If you're in an accident you'll be covered for:
- Loss of life
- Permanent partial disability
- Reimbursement of emergency medical expenses
- Option to protect yourself, or your whole family
- 24/7 global coverage for the whole year
- A 'free look' period, with an option to cancel your policy within 30 days (and receive a full premium refund, providing no claims have been made within that period)
Get an idea of what you'll pay per month for your premium - see the table below.
|Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 4|
|Loss of life indemnity, permanent partial disability due to accident||OMR 10,000||OMR 20,000||OMR 50,000||OMR 100,000|
|Loss of life due to common carrier accident||OMR 20,000||OMR 40,000||OMR 100,000||OMR 200,000|
|Individual||OMR 1||OMR 2||OMR 5||OMR 10|
|Family*||OMR 2||OMR 4||OMR 10||OMR 20|
You're eligible for HSBC'S Personal Accident Insurance if:
- You're an Oman resident
- You're aged between 18 and 64 years (also applies to your spouse)
- Your children are between six months and 19 years of age. Or if they're studying full-time up to 23 years old. They must also be unmarried and primarily dependent on you)
- You're an existing HSBC customer
This Policy does not cover any loss or expense caused by or resulting from:
- Intentional self-inflicted injury, suicide or any attempt thereat while sane or insane.
- Being in service, on duty, or undergoing training with any military or police force, or paramilitary organisation.
- Any period a Named Insured is serving in the Armed Forces of any country or international authority, whether in peace or war, and in such an event the company, upon written notification by the Insured Person, shall return the pro-rata premium for any such period of service.
- Loss sustained or contracted in consequence of a Named Insured being intoxicated or under the influence of any narcotic or drug, unless administered on the advice of a physician.
- Any loss of which a contributing cause was the Named Insured's attempted commission of, or wilful participation in, an illegal act or any violation or attempted violation of the law, or resistance to arrest by the Named Insured.
- Any loss sustained while flying in any aircraft or device for aerial navigation except as specifically provided herein.
- Congenital anomalies and conditions arising out of or resulting there from, hernia or dental treatment except to sound natural teeth as occasioned by injury.
- Bacterial infections (except pyogenic infections which are caused by an accidental wound).
Flying in any aircraft owned, leased or operated by or on behalf of:
(a) the Named Insured or any subsidiary or affiliate of the Named Insured;
(b) a Named Insured or any member of a Named Insured's household. Driving or riding as a passenger in or on
- Driving or riding as a passenger in or on
(a) any vehicle engaged in any race, speed test or endurance test or
(b) any vehicle being used for acrobatic or stunt driving.
- Any claim caused by opportunistic infection or malignant neoplasm, or any other sickness condition, if, at the time of the claim, the Named Insured had been diagnosed as having AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), ARC (AIDS Related Complex) or having an antibody positive blood test to HIV (Human Immune Virus).
- Terrorism, including any action taken in hindering or defending against an actual or expected incident of terrorism.
- The use, release or escape of nuclear materials that directly or indirectly results in nuclear reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination.
- The dispersal or application of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials.
- The release of pathogenic, poisonous biological or chemical materials.
- Any loss sustained while the Named Insured is participating in any professional sports, or in sky diving, parachuting, hand gliding, bungee jumping, scuba diving, mountain climbing, pot-holding.
- Any loss resulting directly or indirectly contributed, aggravated or prolonged by childbirth or from pregnancy.
Exclusions have been kept to a minimum. Details of full exclusions will be available on the policy Terms & Conditions.
What amount is my spouse insured for?
Your spouse is insured for the same amount as you, if you choose the 'Family' option.
What amount will insurance pay if my spouse and I die in the same accident?
The insurance company will pay each Principal Sum Insured amount that you have decided for yourself and your spouse.
Whom will the benefits be paid to, if my spouse and I both die?
The benefits will be paid to the beneficiary named in the policy. In the event the beneficiary is the spouse, then the benefits will paid to the legal heirs of the Insured Person.
What is the Principal Sum Insured for each of my children?
If you choose the 'Family' option, each of your children are insured for 10% of the amount of insurance for yourself or your spouse.
Will all of my children be insured in the family option?
Yes, the premium for the family option covers all of your children in your family between the ages of 6 months and 18 years (unless they are still in full-time education).
Am I insured when I'm travelling abroad?
Yes. HSBC Personal Accident provides you with global coverage 24/7, 365 days a year.
If I am an Oman resident, but my family is not, are they still covered?
Yes, but you, as the insured person, must be an Oman resident.
If I leave HSBC, can I still keep my insurance coverage?
Cover you and your family in the event of a personal accident, wherever you are in the world