Get instant banking updates through your mobile
HSBC now makes your life easier than ever before with direct SMS Alerts for every banking transaction made.
You can set the following SMS Alerts:
- Deposit/Credit Alert: a message will be sent every time funds are deposited/ credited to an account above the threshold amount selected by you
- Withdrawal/ Debit Alert: a message will be sent every time funds are withdrawn/ debited from an account above the threshold amount selected by you
- Account Balance Limit Alert: a message will be sent whenever your account balance is above or below the balance threshold selected by you
- Term Deposit Maturity Notification: a message will be sent to you a few days before the Term Deposit matures. You can specify how many days prior that the message should reach you
Register for SMS alerts through one of the following ways:
- Log on to your Personal Internet Banking account and register online by clicking on the "SMS Alert Services" tab on the left-hand menu
- Click here to print the SMS alert form (PDF), complete the requested information, sign it and drop it off at any of our branches or any HSBC ATM in Oman, using the "Mail Deposit" function under "Deposits"
- Visit any of our branches
- Call 800 7 4722 for any assistance with any of the above items
Receive free SMS alerts on your mobile 24/7 whenever a transaction takes place.
Here's what you get:
- Credit Alert lets you know when funds have been credited to your account, as well as the amount of funds credited
- Debit Alert sends you a text when funds have been debited from your account, as well as the amount of funds debited
- Balance Notification alerts you when your account reaches a predefined balance amount
The use of SMS Alert Service made available by HSBC Bank Middle East Limited to its customers shall at all times be governed by the following Terms & Conditions. In these Terms & Conditions the reference to "we" or "us" shall mean HSBC Bank Middle East Limited and the reference to "you" shall mean the customer.
In these terms and conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Account(s)" means account(s) you have with HSBC operable through its branches in the Sultanate of Oman.
"Account Holder" means a person who has entered into a contract with HSBC, and has an HSBC Account in his/ her own name or a joint HSBC Account in respect of which HSBC may act on the instructions of any one or more of the joint account holders.
"HSBC" also referred to as "the Bank" means HSBC Bank Middle East Limited, P.O BOX 240, PC 112, Sultanate of Oman, operating through its branches in Sultanate of Oman.
"HSBC Call Centre" means: HSBC Phone Banking Service, available 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week Personal Banking Call Centre: 800 7 4722 and overseas: +971 4 2288007.
Advance Call Centre: 800 7 5555 and overseas: +968 800 7 5555
Premier Call Centre: 800 7 4666 and overseas: +971 4 2241000
"Internet Banking Service" means the service that HSBC makes available through the internet network to its customers to enable the electronic receipt and transmission of information and instructions in relation to their HSBC Account.
"OMR" means Omani Rials.
"Primary Account" means the first account opened by the customer with HSBC.
"SMS" means Short Message Service.
"SMS Alert Service" means delivering SMS notifications for HSBC Account and/or Credit Card transactions in real time to HSBC Bank, Sultanate of Oman customers' local mobile phones.
"Terms" mean these terms and conditions, which could be amended from time to time.
The Terms and Conditions:
1. We shall from time to time determine or specify at our discretion the scope and features of the SMS Alert Service, and introduce new fees or charges and we are entitled to modify, expand or reduce the same.
2. We reserve the right at all times to vary or amend the forgoing Terms & Conditions or to introduce new Terms & Conditions. Any such variations or amendments shall become effective and binding on you upon notification by us to you by a method as we shall decide.
3. SMS alerts will be sent to you based on a minimum transaction threshold defined by HSBC for each product that is subject to change at our discretion. SMS alerts will be sent to you only in English language.
4. The SMS Alert Service may, without prior notice, be suspended or terminated by us for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, invalid data, closure of related account(s), breakdown, maintenance, modification, expansion and/or enhancement work caused or initiated by the telecommunications company(s) concerned in relation to their network or by any service provider in respect of the SMS Alert Service. We will not assume any liability or responsibility for any such suspension or termination.
5. The SMS Alert Service may be terminated at any time upon your request to us via Internet Banking Account or by calling the HSBC Call Centre available 24/7. Any such termination shall be effective within 2 working days of receipt of the termination notice by us.
6. Any information received under the SMS Alert Service is for information only, and shall not be taken as conclusive evidence of the matter to which it relates. The Bank should be notified by the customer of any changes to information provided to the Bank related to or for the purposes of the SMS Alert Service including the details of the customer's designated mobile phone number and the telecommunications company providing or servicing it.
7. You must report immediately to a local HSBC Call Centre if any transaction notified to you by SMS was not performed, and/or authorized by you. In addition, you shall promptly inform us of any loss or theft of your mobile phone by calling the HSBC Call Centre, 24/7. We shall not be liable for any loss or claim resulting from the relaying of any information pursuant to the SMS Alert Service to the designated mobile phone number prior to receipt of any notification of loss or theft.
8. We shall not assume any liability or responsibility for any failure or delay in transmitting information to you or any error in such information. In particular, we shall not assume any liability or responsibility for the consequences arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, failure of your telecommunications equipment to receive information for whatever reason, any telecommunications breakdown, mechanical failure, path failure, malfunction, breakdown, interruption or accuracy of equipment or installation. None of the telecommunications companies designated by us are our agents or our representatives and there is no co-operation, partnership, joint venture or other relationship between us and any of them.
9. You undertake to indemnify and hold us harmless against all actions, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses of whatever nature that may result or which we may sustain, suffer or incur as a result of our agreeing to provide the SMS Alert Service to you.
10. We shall not be liable for any losses or damage caused:
(a) by the disclosure of confidential information;
(b) by the disclosure of information to the designated mobile phone where such designated mobile phone is in another person's possession with your consent; or
(c) to your data, designated mobile phone, telecommunications equipment or other equipment, in each case caused by your use of the SMS Alert Service.
11. Any notice from us to you may be made in such manner and by such means of communication as we shall deem fit, including, without limitation, use of direct mailing material, advertisement, branch display, electronic communications such as e-mail or via the SMS Alert Service. Any notice from you to us shall be in writing and to be delivered to any of our branches or through your Internet Banking Account or by contacting HSBC Call Centre unless otherwise indicated in these Terms & Conditions.
12. The cost of Roaming Service for SMS messages to your mobile outside the Sultanate of Oman will be charged to you by your local mobile operator according to its tariff without any HSBC interference or liability. Delivery of SMS while the customer is abroad is dependent upon the telecom service provider offering the roaming service for the country where you have travelled and on your subscribing to the roaming service. The Bank will not be responsible for non delivery of messages.
Receive free SMS alerts on your mobile 24/7, whenever a transaction takes place