We recognise that as an Advance Platinum customer, you demand great value and the best services the best money can buy, wherever you are in the world. With the HSBC Advance Platinum Credit Card, you will enjoy benefits that are designed to provide excellent value as well as worldwide recognition.
- No annual fee
- Up to 56 days interest free credit on purchases - when you settle your monthly credit card balance in full
- Option to pay a minimum of 5% of your monthly outstanding balance
- Competitive interest rate of 1.5% per month and 40% cash advance option on your available credit limit
- Wide range of privileges in over 160 countries worldwide through the Home & Away programme
More great benefits:
- Enjoy 0% interest with the HSBC 0% Flexi Instalment Plan - on monthly instalments and get great offers and discounts at Red Flag outlets
- Up to two free supplementary cards - give family members the security that they will never be in a bind with a shared limit
- Access your account anywhere - with the Triple Access service [add link?], you can transfer money and pay your bills across all of your HSBC Credit Card, Current, and Savings Accounts
Purchase Protection ***.
Shop and be automatically protected against accidental damage or theft within 90 days of the date of purchase - up to a maximum of USD 20,000 annually. (this protection is not offered by HSBC, but by MasterCard)
Extended Warranty ***.
Is initiated automatically when your manufacturer's warranty has expired. The service duplicates the original warranty for up to 1 year. (This protection is not offered by HSBC, but by MasterCard)
HSBC Credit Shield Plus ****.
Credit Shield Plus is an optional facility which offers you a waiver of the outstanding on your credit card in the event of your Death, Permanent Total Disability or Critical Illness and 10% of your monthly outstanding balance for up to 6 months in the event of Involuntary Loss of Employment for employed eligible cardholders or Temporary Total Disability for self employed eligible cardholders.
In addition to the above in case of Death, Permanent Total Disability or Critical Illness of the Primary Cardholder, a payment of up to OMR 5,775 will be paid by MetLife ALICO directly to the card holder or the beneficiary This feature costs only 0.60% of your monthly outstanding balance.
- Pay your personal OIFC bills [What is OIFC?] via phone banking or internet banking. Please allow three days for your payment to be credited to your card
- Quick and easy ways to pay your card bill - via phone banking and internet banking, in person at your branch, or by putting a cheque in the post. See the table below for more details on other easy payment options
|YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS:||HOW TO PAY YOUR BILLS:||HOW LONG IT TAKES TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT:|
|Free autopay service||Call 800 7 5555 to set up a standing instruction to debit your HSBC Current or Savings Account every month. Pay 5% to 100% of your monthly outstanding balance.||1 working day|
||Transfer money to your HSBC Credit Card account.||1 working day|
|Cash deposit machines||You can instantly pay your HSBC Advance Credit Card bill by depositing cash in HSBC Cash Deposit Machines in Oman (currently in the Ruwi main branch, MQ Customer Service Centre and Muscat City Centre branch).||1 working day|
|ATMs||Transfer money from your HSBC Current or Savings account to your HSBC Credit Card, from any HSBC ATM in Oman or worldwide.
Or deposit cash or cheques at any HSBC ATMs in Oman (You may be charged a fee if your cheque is not honoured).
|2 working days for cash payments
7 working days for cheque payments
|Branches||Deposit cash or cheques at any HSBC branch in Oman (You may be charged a fee if your cheque is not honoured).||1 working day for cash payments
7 working days for cheque payments
|Phone Banking||Call our Phone Banking Service on 800 7 5555 to transfer money to your HSBC Credit Card Account.||1 working day|
|Mailing your payment
|Please write your HSBC Credit Card number on the reverse side of the cheque/ draft and attach the bottom tear-off portion of your card statement, to ensure prompt credit into your HSBC Card Account.||Allow sufficient time for payment to be credited to your account.|
|Primary card annual fee||Free|
|Supplementary cards||2 Free|
|Minimum payment||5% of outstanding balance or OMR 10 (whichever is higher)|
|Finance charges (retail transactions)||1.5% per month|
|Finance charges (cash transactions)||1.5% per month|
|Cash advance fee||3% or OMR 5 (whichever is higher)|
|Card replacement fee (lost)||OMR 5|
|Late payment fee||OMR 10|
|Over limit fee||OMR 5|
|Copy of sales slip||OMR 10|
|Copy of previous statement:
Up to 6 months old
more than 12 months
|Returned cheque fee||OMR 15|
|Charge for disputing a transaction subsequently found to be genuine||OMR 10|
|Access to HSBC account through HSBC ATMs||Inside Oman: FREE
Outside Oman: OMR 1 per transaction
|Access to HSBC Account through MasterCard/ Cirrus ATMs||OMR 2 per transaction|
|Foreign currency transactions||Up to 3% per transaction|
|Credit Shield Plus||0.60% of Outstanding Balance|
HSBC Credit Cards, designed with your values in mind.