Experience extra levels of online security
HSBC now offers you even more protection when shopping online. We have partnered with Visa® and Mastercard® to provide you with an additional layer of online shopping security when using your HSBC debit and credit cards. Thanks to Verified by Visa® and Mastercard® SecureCode™, using your HSBC debit and credit cards online is now even more secure.
How Verified by Visa® and Mastercard® SecureCode™ works:
- Shop online at participating retailers who show the Verified by Visa® and/or Mastercard® SecureCode™ logo
- You will see a message asking you to input a PIN
- You can choose a One Time PIN (OTP) to be sent as an SMS or an email to confirm the transaction
- The transaction will be confirmed on successful entry of the PIN
It’s never been more important to update your details
HSBC Online Security in association with Verified by Visa® and Mastercard® SecureCode™ will only work effectively if we have an up-to-date mobile phone number and email for your primary and supplementary cards. Please take a minute to make sure all your details are correct.
Updating your contact details is easy:
- Log in to your Personal Online Banking account and update your contact details; or
- Call us on our Telephone Banking numbers and follow the instructions to update your contact details; or
- Visit your nearest branch or customer service unit and update your contact details by filling in a form
It's that simple.
Stay safe online
How you can stay safe when you shop online:
- Make sure your device is protected – do you have anti-virus software installed plus the latest browser?
- Always log off after shopping online – especially if you're on a shared computer
- Look for the padlock symbol in the corner of your browser window – this means your information is secure
- Make sure HSBC has an up-to-date mobile phone number as Verified by Visa® and Mastercard® SecureCode™ will only work effectively if we have the right mobile phone number for you