Together we love. Together we celebrate. Together we stay safe. Together we will beat this. Together we thrive.
COVID-19 charity projects in Middle East – 14 April 2020
Update on HSBC Oman branch services and operating hours – 2 April 2020
At HSBC Oman, the wellbeing of our customers and staff remains our top priority.
We are asking all our customers to consider whether a face-to-face visit to the branch is really essential in the light of the on-going COVID-19 outbreak.
We encourage you to use our digital channels first and visit our branches only where necessary. Whether you are at home, in the office, or in other locations, our digital services mean we are always here and available.
As per guidance from the Central Bank of Oman, please note that our Muscat City Centre & Ruwi High Street branches, Al Khuwayr Head Office, Salalah & Madinat Qaboos Customer Services Units have been closed temporarily.
However, our other branches remain open but with limited services, effective from 5 April 2020.
Services available in the branches are as follows:
- cash withdrawals at counters if only above ATM limits
- International payments/remittances
- government transactions
- emergency loans
- cheque deposit machines and ATMs for all cash deposits
We’re following the latest guidance from public authorities on social distancing in our branches. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Our ATMs are fully operational during this time. We encourage you to use our digital channels and Call Centers by calling the number on the back of your card for all your banking needs first, and visit our branches only where necessary. For location and timing of any of our branches/ATMs please visit our branch finder. You may also contact your usual Relationship Manager should you have further queries.
We're here to support you
We know some of you might have queries about how your finances could be affected by COVID-19 (coronavirus) and we're here to ensure you have the help you need.
We're pleased to announce a package of measures that will help our customers and contribute to the initiatives announced by the Central Bank of Oman to support the country’s economy.
Effective immediately, HSBC Oman will make the following available to our Wealth and Personal Banking customers:
1. Loan instalment waivers/deferments:
a) Omani citizens working in the private sector with reduced salaries:
Customers with salaries that have been temporarily reduced by their employers, can apply for their loan instalment deferrals for up to 3 months for their Personal Loans and Mortgages without paying any additional interest by visiting their nearest open branch*. The loan will be extended to collect the remaining principal.
b) Omani citizens working in the private sector who’ve lost their jobs:
Customers who’ve lost their jobs can apply for loan instalment deferrals for up to 12 months for their Personal Loans and Mortgages without paying any additional interest by visiting their nearest open branch*. The loan will be extended to collect the remaining principal.
c) Others (Omani and expatriates) affected due to COVID-19:
Customers impacted by COVID-19, can apply for loan instalment deferrals for up to 3 months for their Personal Loans and Mortgages by visiting their nearest open branch*. Any interest accrued will be payable in the subsequent months and loan tenure will be extended to collect the remaining principal.
2. Charges are being waived for cash withdrawals made using HSBC ATM/debit cards at all non-HSBC ATMs across Oman (since 25 March 2020).
3. Outward Telegraphic Transfer charges are being waived for Local Transfers via all channels (since 20 April 2020).
4. Over limit fees on credit cards are being waived.
5. Temporary increases in Credit Card limits subject to eligibility.
6. The limit for Contactless payments for Debit and Credit Cards supporting this functionality has been increased to OMR 40#
Please call us on the number on the back of your debit or credit card, or contact your Relationship Manager if you would like to discuss how these measures could help you.
- delay in salary / unpaid leave - Employer letter
- medical condition due to COVID-19 – Medical report
- loss of job - Letter from employer stating that your employment has been terminated due to financial stress or loss of contract, and Confirmation from Ministry of Manpower that you’re now unemployed
Beware of fraud
Some criminals are using the coronavirus outbreak as an opportunity to scam the public. This includes offering medical products, guidance or a safe haven for money. Remember, HSBC will never ask you to move money to a safe account. Please remain vigilant and stay up to date with the latest information on our fraud and security page.
Do your banking at home
The Central Bank of Oman recommends avoiding banknotes to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. For your safety, you can manage your everyday banking needs through online banking or our mobile banking app (on compatible devices) without needing to leave home.
These are the list of services that you can perform via our digital banking channels:
- Update personal details
- Send/Receive secure message for banking enquiry
- Order cheque book
- Change password
- Change security question
- Global view and global transfer
- Money Transfers
- Apply for products
- Touch & Face ID
- Money Transfers
- Pay Bills
- Manage devices
- Manage security
- Cash Withdrawals
- OMR 800 – Personal Banking
- OMR 1,000 – Advance customers
- OMR 1,200 – Premier Customers
- Cash Deposits
- Money Transfers
- View Statements
- Cheque book requests
Automated phone banking
- Account statements
- Money Transfers
- Create PIN for cards
- Report lost and stolen card