Transfer money around the world
Whether you’re looking to transfer money for personal or business needs, for your family back home, for your children's education or for investment or savings purposes, HSBC international money transfer is a safe, convenient and hassle-free way to make a payment.
The advantages that make life easier
Enjoy convenience and peace of mind when you use HSBC money transfer for international transactions.
- Exchange rate certaintyMake your payment or transfer in the currency of the beneficiary account and benefit from our exchange rate. If you choose to send your payment in OMR, the exact converted amount will be subject to the exchange rate applicable by the recipient’s bank.
- Global connectivitySend money to over 150 countries in up to 36 different currencies with personal assistance from our team, either online, at your local branch or over the phone.
- Online fee discountTransfer online and save up to OMR 3/- on the transaction fee when transferring money outside Oman.
- Fast transfersIf you are an Advance or Premier customer transferring to your HSBC account globally, your transfer can be instant1.
How to transfer
Things you should know before making a payment2, be sure to have the following at hand:
- your HSBC account number
- the receiver's full name and postal address
- the receiver's banking information3: International Bank Account Number (IBAN) or account number, the bank or the intermediary bank Sort/ Swift/ BIC code and the purpose of payment
Fees and charges
Please refer to our Schedule of Tariffs and Charges, as amended from time to time, for details of applicable fees and charges:
Simply choose the way that suits you best
Simply log on to online banking and transfer.
Secure Key is required to make a transfer to third party beneficiary.
Find a branch
To make an international money transfer from your account at HSBC, please visit your local branch with valid photo identification and a completed remittance form.
To make an international transfer by phone, kindly call us on the appropriate number:
- HSBC Premier customers: 800 74666 (within Oman) or +971 4 224 1000 (outside Oman)
- HSBC Advance customers: 800 75555 (within Oman) or +968 249 50603 (outside Oman)
- HSBC Personal Banking customers: 80074 722 (within Oman) or +9714 2288007 (outside Oman)
Automated Phone Banking System menu
In order to transfer money through our Automated Phone Banking System you need to create a ‘saved transfer template’. Create the template through a Phone Banking agent or by visiting a branch or Customer Service Centre.
2Payments will be routed overseas using this information. Incorrect or invalid information may lead to the payment being delayed or rejected by the overseas bank. In such cases, because of charges and differences in exchange rates, you may not receive the full amount back.