Phone banking services
When you call, you will need to enter your phone banking Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access these services:
- Check your balance and transaction history
- Open new time deposits and change maturity instructions
- Transfer money1
- Pay your credit card and utility bills
- View foreign exchange rates and time deposit rates
- Enquire about the status of a cheque
- Report a lost debit card or credit card
- Update your address and personal details
Phone banking PIN
Your phone banking PIN is an important tool which you can use to:
- Register for online banking
- Activate your debit and credit cards
- Change your debit or credit card PIN in the future
- Access the HSBC 24/7 phone banking services
Visit any of our branches or the customer collection point in Al Khuwair to collect a new phone banking PIN instantly.
What happens if I lose my phone banking PIN?
Visit any of our branches or the customer collection point in Al Khuwair to collect a new PIN instantly.
What happens if I input a wrong phone banking PIN several times during the call?
The phone banking PIN will be blocked for security reasons. You can reactivate the PIN by visiting any of our branches or speaking to our agent in the call centre by following the below instructions:
How do I create a card PIN using my phone banking PIN?
- Dial 800 7 2273. You will hear the standard greeting and language selection.
- To choose your card PIN you will need both your HSBC card number and your 6-digit phone banking PIN. If you don't have any of these with you, press the * key (if * key is pressed the call will end). Wait for 3 seconds.
- Enter the 16-digit number on your card that you wish to create or change a PIN for, followed by the # key
- Enter the 6-digit phone banking PIN we gave you
- Select the new PIN for your HSBC debit or credit card. The number must be easy for you to remember.
- Re-enter the new PIN you have just created to confirm
- Press 1 to create a new PIN for another debit / credit card or press 2 to end the call.